Due to significant growth within the company we
are looking to recruit a Biological
Stakeholder Manager to assist the Site Development Team (including Biology
& Comms) in all tasks associated with stakeholder engagement and biological
monitoring to ensure that the company meets regulatory monitoring requirements.
Your Career, Right here!
Biological Stakeholder Manager
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow
Salary: Up to £45,000
Why work with us?
· £150 million turnover
· 500 + staff (continually growing)
· We sell to over 26 countries around the world
· A pioneer in Aquaculture
· Industry leading training and development framework
· Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Biological Stakeholder Manager to assist the Site Development Team (including Biology & Comms) in all tasks associated with stakeholder engagement and biological monitoring to ensure that the company meets regulatory monitoring requirements.
What does the job entail?
· To work as directed by the Head of Site Development so as to ensure that the company meets all regulatory and monitoring requirements.
· Ensure sites implement the Environmental Management Plans (EMP) and regularly update the Head of Site Development and Biology Director of all issues relating to the implementation of the EMP and monitoring plans.
· Develop the Wild Fisheries Engagement Programme, including Restocking Programmes in Uist, Carron, Mull and others as required.
· Build positive relationships with wild fisheries stakeholders locally and nationally, including industry, regulators and local community groups.
· Ensure clear and consistent communication and arranging regular updates on progress in specific areas, coordinating and liaising closely with internal stakeholders.
· Liaise regularly with the wild fishery and other external regulators, attend meetings, training and conferences as directed by the Head of Site Development.
· Manage and where necessary undertake the onsite monitoring as required through the EMP and monitoring plans that form part of statutory planning conditions.
· Manage monitoring schedules to ensure all sites are monitored and sampled as required.
· Organise monitoring activities, collect and analyse samples as specified in the EMP, ensuring samples are prepared, analysed and data interpreted for report preparation.
What are we looking for?
· Previous experience in stakeholder management within the wild fishery sector and government agencies
· Previous experience in biological monitoring (designing and executing surveys)
· Previous experience in scoping and managing contracts and tenders
· Ability to support environmental impact assessments and habitat regulations assessments
· Ability to provide analytical reports
· Ability to identify and deliver value improvements and solutions
· Confident and approachable, able to communicate at all levels
· Team player
In return we offer:
· Competitive salary package
· Market leading pension scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Retail discount scheme
· Employee assistance program
· Relocation support
· Long Service Awards
To apply, please forward your CV and Cover Letter to:
The Scottish Salmon Company
8 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7JA
Tel: 0131 7188 534
Closing date: Friday 25 January 2019