Due to career development within the company, we are looking to recruit two Biologists to join our team in the North Region...
Location: North Region
Salary: £25,000 - £29,000 per annum
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to career development within the company we are looking to recruit two Biologists to support our Senior Biologists as advocates for the health and welfare of our Salmon stock. They will be required to provide expertise in all aspects of aquaculture, including understanding and managing the growth cycle across our farms and supporting the communication process between local and industry stakeholders.
• Health surveillance, including conducting site audits within the area of responsibility by frequently carrying out enhanced sampling; treatments and maintenance of paperwork
• Developing and proactively delivering staff training courses to sites and assessing learning. Along with monitoring and mentoring staff where required
• Providing advice and recommendations to site staff based on best health and welfare practices
• Producing report and conducting risk assessments where appropriate
• Biology or Veterinary Medicine Degree.
• Full understanding of environmental considerations in Aquaculture
• Have experience with managing budgets
• Confident and approachable with strong communication skills across all levels of the staff
• Proactive and encouraging of others
• Identifies and adopts industry best practice
• Routinely challenges current practices to identify and deliver value improvements and solutions
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Incentive Bonus
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 12 November 2019