Due to significant growth within the company, we are looking to recruit a Department Manager for Filleting at our processing site in Cairndow...
Department Manager (Filleting)
Salary: £40,143 per annum
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Department Manager in Filleting to work as directed by the General Manager South in the day to day operation of the processing plant, in any area and section of the factory, in order to meet the production needs of the company.
• To take responsibility of the Filleting & Dispatch department working alongside the Processing & Intake Operations working to assist the General Manager South in achieving plant/factory objectives
• Manage and provide leadership to staff, therefore directing all activities and duties to staff within the Processing Team Responsible for achieving the highest fish welfare, biosecurity, hygiene, quality and food safety standards.
• Responsible for the productivity, actions, communication and motivation of staff within your department.
• To ensure that all duties and responsibilities are performed in a safe manner so that no risk to Health and Safety arises to yourself or any other employee.
• To maintain a cost effective and efficient processing rate in accordance with that expected for daily production, in both manual and mechanical processing lines.
• Ensure the efficient organisation of the staff and operational activities, including the rotation of staff, training days and the management of absences.
• Broad knowledge of food processing processes within a food production environment.
• Demonstrated staff leadership and management experience in a similar role.
• Continuous improvement/lean manufacturing experience
• Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills with the ability to motivate teams
• Full clean driver’s license
• Experience of driving H&S standards, championing a broad understanding of best practice.
• Flexible and responsible attitude to working hours.
• Competent MS Office skills and related reporting skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Incentive Bonus
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 12 December 2019