Due to significant growth
within the company we are looking to recruit an Environmental Officer to assist the Site Development Team in all
environmental modelling and planning tasks required to deliver projects in line
with the development programme, and to ensure that the company meets all
Your Career, Right here!
Salary: Up to £35,000 DOE
Why work with us?
· £150 million turnover
· 500 + staff (continually growing)
· We sell to over 26 countries around the world
· A pioneer in Aquaculture
· Industry leading training and development framework
· Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit an Environmental Officer to assist the Site Development Team in all environmental modelling and planning tasks required to deliver projects in line with the development programme, and to ensure that the company meets all regulatory requirements. Initially, to manage and coordinate the GIS database and undertake environmental modelling (in line with company objectives) and to ensure all additional requirements, as may be specified from time to time, are met. Also, to assist in the necessary scoping reports, EIA writing and planning applications as and when required.
What does the job entail?
· Provide GIS support to all areas of the business as required.
· Undertake GIS mapping, analysis data capture, data management and geoprocessing. Development and maintenance of GIS interface, and data visualization.
· Facilitate site optimization projects through GIS mapping, modelling (depositional, biological and hydro-dynamic) and site assessment/consolidation.
· Assist in the coordination of hydrographic data collection as required in line with SSC development pipeline, and SEPA and SSC quality standards. Including managing 3rd parties where applicable.
· Undertake and assist in depositional modelling and hydrodynamic modelling, as required, to support SEPA CAR applications.
· Preparation of hydrographic and modelling reports to support SEPA CAR applications, and provide input to benthic reports as required.
· Assist in the organization of electronic records for the department (QPulse), ensuring all environmental records and the consents matrix of site details are accurate and updated as required.
· Ensure all site details are accurate and updated as required.
· Provide input to Local Authority Screening and Scoping applications and support the undertaking of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) to produce EIA reports in accordance with statutory requirements for site developments.
· Produce high standard applications and supporting information required for the continuance of fish farming. Including SEPA, Crown Estate, CPA and Local Authority licenses.
· Preparation and delivery of high standard applications, documents, reports, consultation documents and presentations as required.
What are we looking for?
· Degree in Biology/Aquaculture, aquatic specialism preferred.
· Excellent IT skills; competent in Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Experience in researching and writing reports.
· Ability to self-motivate and work independently, as well as part of a team.
· Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings/nights and be willing to travel.
· Full current driving license
In return we offer:
· Competitive salary package
· Market leading pension scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Retail discount scheme
· Employee assistance program
· Relocation support
· Long Service Awards
To apply, please forward your CV and Cover Letter to:
The Scottish Salmon Company
8 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7JA
Tel: 0131 7188 534
Closing date: Friday 26 April 2019