We are looking to recruit a Feed Technician to join our team on Harris.
Please complete and return the attached Application_Form.docx or send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Scotasay, Isle of Harris
Salary: Up to £25,216.05 per annum (includes shift allowance)
Entitled to additional non-contractual overtime (paid at x1.5)
Shift: Four days on, two days off
Are you a scientific and analytical individual who has a
keen interest in working within Marine Aquaculture? If so, we’d love to hear
We are now
looking for highly motivated, computer literate and meticulous people to join
our Marine production team as Feed Technicians to drive industry leading
performance in feed management.
Based at one of our new state of the art feed control rooms,
you will join our team of feed technicians to feed our salmon across several
sites in the local area.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Utilise our latest technology to control our sea site, barge
feeding systems across several locations, remotely from one allocated shore
- Monitor feed response and fish behaviour by analysing data
across several screens simultaneously.
- Adjust feed delivery rates, meal profiles and feed
quantities as per the above analysis and make recommendations for improvement
- Deliver best feeding practices; monitors and is responsible
for fish feeding and growth.
- Work cohesively with Site Managers to ensure relevant feeding
regimes are in place in line with production needs.
- Design feed and growth KPI’s, working closely with our Production
Analyst to ensure KPI’s are up to date and provide feedback on any target
Your Skills & Experience:
- Excellent computer skills, with an interest in Aquaculture
- Strong numerical skills
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting
- Disciplined and motivated to proactively support industry -leading
practices and standards
- High attention to detail, and able to react quickly to changes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the
ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Able to work independently and maintain high levels of
- Flexible approach to work rostering, able work outside of
normal office hours
- Able to undertake Sea survival training
- Full, clean drivers’ licence and access to own transport is preferred.
- Full training provided
- Enhanced relocation support
- Friends & family referral scheme
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work & retail discount schemes
- Employee assistance program
- Critical Illness Cover – also for your spouse or partner
- Occupational health service
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply:
Please complete and return the attached Application_Form.docx
or send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Please note, applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the advert will close once the successful candidate has been appointed.