We are looking to recruit a Feed Technician in our Marine team based Uist & Benbecula - Grimsay.
Please specify which location(s) you are interested in applying for and complete and return the attached Application_Form.docx or send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Uist & Benbecula - Grimsay
Salary: Up to £25,216.05 per annum (includes shift allowance)
Entitled to additional non-contractual overtime (paid at x1.5)
Shift: Four days on, two days off
Are you a scientific and analytical individual who has a keen interest in working within Marine Aquaculture? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Due to significant investment in the company, we are now looking for highly motivated, computer literate and meticulous people to join our Marine production team as Feed Technicians to drive industry leading performance in feed management.
Based at one of our new state of the art feed control rooms, you will join our team of feed technicians to feed our salmon across several sites in the local area.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Utilise our latest technology to control our sea site, barge feeding systems across several locations, remotely from one allocated shore base.
- Monitor feed response and fish behaviour by analysing data across several screens simultaneously.
- Adjust feed delivery rates, meal profiles and feed quantities as per the above analysis and make recommendations for improvement where required.
- Deliver best feeding practices; monitors and is responsible for fish feeding and growth.
- Work cohesively with Site Managers to ensure relevant feeding regimes are in place in line with production needs.
- Design feed and growth KPI’s, working closely with our Production Analyst to ensure KPI’s are up to date and provide feedback on any target variance.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Excellent computer skills, with an interest in Aquaculture
- Strong numerical skills
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting
- Disciplined and motivated to proactively support industry -leading practices and standards
- High attention to detail, and able to react quickly to changes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Able to work independently and maintain high levels of concentration
- Flexible approach to work rostering, able work outside of normal office hours
- Able to undertake Sea survival training
- Full, clean drivers’ licence and access to own transport is preferred.
- Full training provided
- Enhanced relocation support
- Friends & family referral scheme
- Holiday buy & sell scheme
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work & retail discount schemes
- Employee assistance program
- Critical Illness Cover – also for your spouse or partner
- Occupational health service
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply:
Please complete and return the attached Application_Form.docx or send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Please note, applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the advert will close once the successful candidate has been appointed.