Are you a scientific and analytical individual who has a keen interest in working within Marine Aquaculture? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Location: Stronachullin Shore Base Office
Salary: £23,347 per annum, inclusive of a shift allowance
Shift Pattern: Four days on, two days off
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
Are you a scientific and analytical individual who has a keen interest in working within Marine Aquaculture? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for highly motivated, computer literate and meticulous people to join our Marine production team as, Feed Technicians, to drive industry leading performance in feed management from the office shore base, with occasional visits to our sea sites.
• Utilise our latest technology to control our sea site, barge feeding systems across several locations, remotely from one allocated shore base
• Monitor feed response and fish behaviour by analysing data across several screens simultaneously
• Adjust feed delivery rates; meal profiles and feed quantities as per the above analysis and make recommendations for improvement where required
• Deliver best feeding practices; monitors and is responsible for fish feeding and growth
• Work cohesively with Site Managers to ensure relevant feeding regimes are in place in line with production needs
• Design feed and growth KPI’s, working closely with our Production Analyst to ensure KPI’s are up to date and provide feedback on any target variance.
• Excellent computer skills, with an interest in Aquaculture
• Strong numerical skills
• Proficient in data analysis and reporting
• Disciplined and motivated to proactively support industry -leading practices and standards
• High attention to detail, and able to react quickly to changes
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively cross-functionally
• Able to work independently and maintain high levels of concentration
• Flexible approach to work rostering, able work outside of normal office hours
• Able to undertake Sea survival training
• Full, clean drivers’ licence and access to own transport is preferred.
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Full training for the role provided
• Incentive bonus
• Relocation support/Accommodation Allowance
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: Wednesday 03 February 2021