Due to significant growth in the company we are looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to
support the finance department at our Head Office in Edinburgh...
Finance Assistant (An initial 12-month FTC)
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 dependent on experience
Why work with us?
- £150 million turnover
- 650 + staff (continually growing)
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally
recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea
Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we
breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of
the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our
product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the
proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to
Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated
individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a
challenging workplace, look no further…
We are looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to support the
finance department, reporting to the Assistant Financial Controller. They will ensure
costs are accurately coded to the correct general ledger accounts, provide
support and training to ERP users on raising purchase orders and ensure
compliance with the procurement process. The successful candidate will also prepare
and post general ledger journal entries to ensure costs are correctly
categorised and support the Accounts Payable team in processing purchase
invoices when required.
- Cost Coding – Review Purchase Order requests and
Purchase Invoices to ensure costs are coded to the correct GL account, cost
centre or site. Prepare and post
journals as required to re-allocate costs.
- Procurement compliance – Ensure employee compliance
with the procurement process by ensuring all purchases are covered by purchase
orders and that purchase order requests are submitted in line with policy.
Ensure suppliers adhere to our AP process and terms of business when submitting
invoices for payment. Provide feedback, guidance and support to both employees
and suppliers as required.
- Purchase ledger – Provide support to the purchase
ledger team with processing of supplier invoices or resolving employee/supplier
queries during busy periods or for holiday cover. Expect up to 40% of time will
initially be required for this.
- Expense processing – Scheduling weekly employee
expense run from the expense system, posting expense journal and reconciling
the expense control account at month end.
- Purchase Ledger experience.
- Working towards an accounting qualification such as AAT or
can demonstrate a strong desire to work towards a qualification in future.
- Good numeracy skills evidenced by strong NAT 5 or Higher
results in a relevant subject.
- Team player, with ability to interact with external
- Self-motivated & well organised.
- Highly detail conscious
but combined with a proactive attitude.
- Able to prioritise
efficiently to support dynamic business needs.
- Takes ownership of tasks and accepts accountability,
generates enthusiasm and energy by being positive.
In return we offer over 15
employee benefits, including:
- Competitive salary package
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation support
- Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse or Partner
- Occupational Health Service
- Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 24 November 2020