Due to significant growth within the company we
are looking to recruit a Freshwater
Operative to work as directed by the Freshwater Site(s) Manager in the day
to day operations of the freshwater sites, boats, shore bases, hatchery and
smolt production sites as required in order to meet the needs of the company.
Your Career, Right here!
Freshwater Operative (Weekender)
Shift: Sat and Sun (4 hours per day)
Why work with us?
· £150 million turnover
· 500 + staff (continually growing)
· We sell to over 26 countries around the world
· A pioneer in Aquaculture
· Industry leading training and development framework
· Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Freshwater Operative to work as directed by the Freshwater Site(s) Manager in the day to day operations of the freshwater sites, boats, shore bases, hatchery and smolt production sites as required in order to meet the needs of the company.
What does the job entail?
· Livestock welfare
· Feeding and movement of feed
· Egg stripping, fertilization and incubation
· Sampling, weighing and grading of fish
· Site maintenance including net changing etc.
· Boat handling
· Smolt transport
What are we looking for?
· Interest in aquaculture and fish husbandry
· Full clean driver’s license
· Ideally have experience of working within the marine industry
· Follows safe working practices
· Ability to understand site KPI’s and supports the site team
· Experience of working on and around boats preferred
In return we offer:
· Competitive salary package
· Market leading pension scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Retail discount scheme
· Employee assistance program
· Relocation support
· Long Service Awards
To apply, please forward your CV and Cover Letter to:
The Scottish Salmon Company
8 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7JA
Tel: 0131 7188 534
Closing date: Tuesday 22 January 2019