Due to significant growth within the company, we are looking to recruit a Freshwater Operative to join our team at the Applecross Hatchery...
Freshwater Operative (FTC 12 months)
Location: Applecross Hatchery, Kishorn
Salary: £19,772 - £22,388 per annum dependent on experience, plus shift allowance
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
The ongoing significant investment into developing our Applecross facility represents an exciting era in aquaculture, Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS) are at the forefront of future fish production globally. To support the growth and development of this site we have an exciting opportunity for individuals to join our team as Freshwater Operatives. As directed by the Freshwater Site Manager, the operative will be assisting with the day-to-day operation of the site, including equipment, nutrition, water quality and biosecurity.
• Technical Standards – operates to the highest standard of husbandry, biosecurity, food safety and quality standards and supports the Site Manager & Senior Freshwater Operative to ensure that these are embedded through the site. Highlighting and reacting to issues when appropriate in areas such as: Production, Environment, Quality, Health and Safety, Fish Welfare, Biosecurity and Hygiene.
• Site Operations – meet the highest quality standards, following all SOPs.
• Measurement & Control – Understands the site KPIs and supports the team to ensure that these KPIs are used to improve site performance.
• Health & Safety – Follows safe working practices and as a team member, ensures a safe working environment exists for all employees on the site. As a minimum, meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
• Skills Training – Attends all courses as required and only operating machinery authorised and trained to do so.
• Experience of working with Recirculation Aquaculture Systems (RAS) would be advantageous
• Ideally have technical expertise in aquaculture and fish husbandry, preferably previous hatchery work
• Must have a strong interest in Aquaculture and Fish Husbandry
• Good practical skills – mechanical or engineering experience
• Team player – experience of working co-operatively within a small team
• Good standard of fitness and excellent attendance record
• Able to demonstrate good numeric and IT skills
• Sound understanding of the importance of Health & Safety issues
• Ability to work weekend rotas and flexible hours as workload dictates
• An academic background in Biology, Chemistry or Engineering would be advantageous but not essential
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Incentive Bonus
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 22 March 2021