Due to significant growth within our company, we are looking to recruit a part-time HR and Training Assistant to provide day-to-day administrative support, advice and assistance to staff...
HR and Training Assistant
Location: Marybank, Stornoway
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 pro rata
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a part time HR and Training Assistant to provide day to day HR Administrative support, advice and assistance to staff including follow-up on company policies, procedures and documentation. This role will ideally work 2.5 days per week 1pm – 5pm on Wednesday, 8am – 5pm on Thursday and Friday.
• Proactively complete daily, weekly and monthly HR and Training administrative processes.
• Assist with local recruitment processes i.e. collate applications, arrange interviews and participate in careers fairs and various other recruitment activities.
• Undertake full administration of offer packs including; tracking responses, undertaking right to work checks and other tasks.
• Coordinate local induction processes including preparing documentation, setting up personnel files and monitoring probationary reviews etc.
• Provide HR support and advice to employees and line managers.
• Actively inputting and maintaining accurate data on HR Systems and employee records.
• Produce return to work/self-certificate documentation.
• Prepare and produce various HR reports e.g. absence, outstanding holidays and provide statistical information as required.
• Coordinate the administration of the leaver process including conducting exit interviews.
• Administration of regional staff forums.
• CIPD qualification or working towards a HR qualification would be desirable.
• Highly organised and diligent with the ability to multitask. Can effectively manage high volume administrative tasks and projects.
• Approachable with strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to work with confidence and flexibility to adapt style to work across all levels of the business.
• Highly adaptable to changing priorities and events.
• Strong administration and coordination experience including recently demonstrated experience of data input, maintenance of systems and reporting.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, specifically excel and word.
• Experience of working in a HR department or similar confidential role with the ability to build trust and confidence quickly.
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Incentive Bonus
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 16 September 2019