An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR Business Partner to oversee our Marine Mainland, Freshwater and Broodstock departments, based in Portree...
HR Business Partner
Location: Portree, Isle of Skye
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a HR Business Partner to provide a generalist HR service to front line managers and employees across our Marine Mainland, Freshwater and Broodstock departments.
• Works cohesively with Site Managers and Area Managers across Marine Mainland & Freshwater departments to ensure an understanding of people issues within their area to drive change and improvements to meet objectives.
• Develop, agree and deliver an annual HR Plan for their area, in line with the Business and Group HR Strategies.
• Ensure that training needs are identified, agreed and satisfied for all levels of the business through performance appraisals and development programmes.
• Develops recruitment strategies with managers to ensure that the right calibre of people are being sourced to meet the specific needs of their area and ensuring they are in line with the Company Values.
• Maintain and review functional and operational KPIs to monitor the effectiveness of the HR Plan to proactively drive forward people and performance improvements.
• Provides support, coaching and training to Line Managers to give them confidence to own HR processes for their people in areas such as Recruitment & Selection and Discipline & Grievance.
• Ensure that the workforce within their area is informed in order to develop a continuous improvement culture.
• CIPD qualified with extensive experience of working within a HR environment.
• Highly organised with the excellent time and people management skills.
• Adaptable, resilient and able to quickly assess and respond to the needs of the business.
• Results driven and self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative. Sound knowledge and understanding of UK employment legislation, including ER case management experience.
• Approachable with strong interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrable experience of proactively advising and influencing managers.
• Proactive and able to recognise problems before they escalate.
• Confidential and has ability to build trust quickly.
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Incentive Scheme
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 19 February 2020