Due to significant investment in the company we are looking to recruit an IT Support Analyst to work as directed by the IT Lead South...
Please complete and return the attached Application_Form or send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT Support Analyst
Salary: Dependent on experience
If you are an ambitious and motivated person looking for
your next challenge in an exciting workplace, now is the perfect time to take
your next step with The Scottish Salmon Company.
Due to significant investment within the company we are
looking to recruit a IT Support Analyst to work as directed by the IT Lead
South. The main responsibilities of this role are split between providing
service desk, 1st line and 2nd line technical support to the business across a
range of Microsoft and 3rd Party industry specific platforms during core
Out-of-hours ‘on-call’ support is also required on a rota
basis with other members of the Team. Travel to various locations across the
business will be required from time to time to provide first-hand support.
Key aspects of the role include:
- User Support: Provide direct desktop & business
applications support to users across the company, ensuring operational issues
are minimised and being proactive
- IT Coverage: Collaborate as part of the team to share
information, standardise across sites where possible and shadow each other to
provide coverage for key IT areas.
- Problem Resolution: Take a systematic approach to problem
resolution which communicates to affected parties, relieves symptoms while
maintaining business continuity and allowing time to identify and resolve the
underlying problem in the most effective manner
- Technology Awareness: Keep abreast of developments and
trends in technology and use this information, in conjunction with business
understanding, to help departments get best value from IT investment, inform
the IT strategy and resulting projects.
- Business Awareness: Be familiar with the way the business
works across the different functional "silos" and product/process
lifecycle and use this insight to identify opportunities for improvement through
better use of IT.
- Business Systems/Applications: Own the business IT systems
and configuration data, and perform system administration duties, ensure all
systems are sufficiently hosted, tested, updated and are integrated to best
effect as part of a coherent enterprise architecture.
- Security & Business Continuity: Maintain and improve the
security, stability and resilience of IT systems operations, minimising
downtime, ensuring data is protected and measures in place to provide business
continuity and disaster recovery.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Great soft skills and ability to communicate with staff at
all levels in the organisation
- Team player that loves and thrives in an IT environment.
Aptitude for learning technology quickly. Able to analyse data, make
recommendations and impart knowledge and advice to colleagues both locally and
- Excellent organisational & self-motivating skills.
- Willing to ask for help and escalate issues if required
- Methodical thinker, able to dissect problems efficiently and
recommend appropriate resolutions
- 2years’ experience in a similar role or 1 years’ experience
and industry certifications such as but not limited to:
- HND or Degree in a computing related subject, for e.g. Cisco
CCNA, Microsoft MCP or MCSA, CompTIA certifications
- Full UK Driver’s License with access to vehicle essential
- Friends & family referral scheme
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work & retail discount schemes
- Employee assistance program
- Critical Illness Cover – also for your spouse or partner
- Occupational health service
- Professional development opportunities
- £150 million turnover
- 650+ employees
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we
breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of
the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands.
Our customers appreciate our product quality, service
excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of
multiple industry awards recognising our commitment to Scotland, our industry
How to Apply:
Please complete and return the application form available on
our website or send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.