Due to significant growth within the company we
are looking to recruit a Kitchen
Assistant to join our team based at our fabulous new Harris & Lewis
Your Career, Right here!
Location: Harris & Lewis Smokehouse
Salary: £8.99 per hour
Shift: 30 hours per week
The job will require flexibility during the early stages of business operations.
Why work with us?
· £150 million turnover
· 500 + staff (continually growing)
· We sell to over 26 countries around the world
· A pioneer in Aquaculture
· Industry leading training and development framework
· Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Kitchen Assistant to join our team based at our fabulous new Harris & Lewis Smokehouse.
What does the job entail?
· Providing an exceptional support service to both internal and external customers.
· Personal adherence to best practice food hygiene and audit standards/controls and cash handling.
· Compliance with current HACCP plan and all company protocols and policies.
· Provide excellent professional, pro-active and friendly customer service in all interactions with customers, suppliers and co-workers.
· Carry out safe and efficient food preparation as directed for production of lunch items, snacks, light meals, desserts, drinks and other menu items.
· Prepare and clear tables, whilst ensuring company standards are consistently met.
· Carry out food preparation area and other unit cleaning duties as and when required.
· Assist with monitoring stock levels when required.
· Complete specific tasks associated with preparations for hire and/or hospitality functions.
· Demonstrate flexibility in the range of tasks completed.
· Correctly merchandise and replenish displays as required.
· Confidently and competently use a touch-screen till and prepare till drawer for end of day reconciliation.
What are we looking for?
· Basic food hygiene certificate (Desirable)
· Ideally have previous catering/food preparation experience.
· Ability to work efficiently and keep calm, under pressure
· Ability to work quickly and efficiently
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· High standards of personal hygiene
· An enthusiasm for food and catering
· Flexible approach to working hours, with good timekeeping and attendance record
In return we offer:
· Competitive salary package
· Market leading pension scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Retail discount scheme
· Employee assistance program
· Relocation support
· Long Service Awards
To apply, please forward your CV and Cover Letter to:
The Scottish Salmon Company
8 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7JA
Tel: 0131 7188 534
Closing date: Wednesday 27 March 2019