Due to significant growth within the company, we are looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer to join our Engineering team in Cairndow...
Maintenance Engineer (Fixed Term for 6 months)
Salary: Circa £30,750 per annum, dependent on experience
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer to support the Engineering Coordinator to provide a quality, engineering service to the site including maintenance of the plant, machinery and services to a safe and reliable standard.
• Monitoring and Recording – Maintain, monitor and record by-product, ensilage and effluent to ensure compliance within legal standards. Keep accurate records of maintenance and purchasing
• Compliance – Ensure compliance of plant and equipment to current legislative standards such as: air receivers, lifting equipment, compressors, evaporators, fire-safety systems etc.
• On-call and emergencies – take part in out of hours rota where required, respond to all process, fire alarms and assist the emergency services as required.
• Supervision and support – Organise, supervise and support on-site contractors to fulfil the site and production maintenance function and any site improvement projects
• Health & Safety and Housekeeping – Perform all duties in a safe manner and as a team member, ensure a safe working environment exists for all employees on the site, actively keep all working areas clear and clean.
• Experience of working in an FMCG environment
• Structured and/or practical engineering training e.g. apprenticeship/HNC
• Familiar with fish processing, ice making and mechanical handling equipment
• Sound understanding of the importance of Health & Safety Issues, considerate of others safety
• Knowledge and experience of Process Control systems
• Strong team player as well as the ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to prioritise to ensure efficient response to enquiries, whilst also able to work to deadlines
• Flexibility in working hours based on an on-call rota, and to provide shift cover for absence where required.
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Incentive Bonus
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 06 October 2020