Due to significant investment in the company, we are looking to recruit a casual Marine Operative to join our Scotasay Marine team on Harris.
Marine Operative (Casual)
Location: Scotasay, Isle of Harris
Salary: Up to £11.33 per hour
If you are an ambitious and motivated person looking for your next challenge in an exciting workplace, now is the perfect time to take your next step with The Scottish Salmon Company.
Due to significant investment in the company, we are now looking to recruit a casual Marine Operative to work as directed by the Marine Site Manager, supporting with day-to-day operations to meet the needs of the business.
Key aspects of the role include:
· Feeding and movement of feed
· Sea lice identification and reporting
· Sampling, weighing and grading of fish
· Disease and parasite control
· Site maintenance including net changing etc.
· Boat handling
· Stock movements
Your skills will be assessed against our competency framework which has been nominated for two awards. The framework clearly shows what is required to move to the next level and training is provided to support your career progression.
Your Skills & Experience:
· An interest in aquaculture and fish husbandry
· Experience of working on and around boats
· Full clean driver’s license
· Ideally have experience of working in the marine industry
· Able to follow safe working practices
· Able to understand site KPI’s and support the site team
In addition to a competitive salary, with regular reviews, we offer many other benefits including:
· Friends & family referral scheme
· Market leading pension scheme
· Cycle to work & retail discount schemes
· Employee assistance program
· Critical Illness Cover – also for your spouse or partner
· Occupational health service
· Professional development opportunities
· Part of the Bakkafrost Group
· 600+ UK employees
· We sell to over 26 countries around the world
· We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
· Sustainability is at the core of all of our activities
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands.
Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognising our commitment to Scotland, our industry and employees.
How to Apply:
Please complete and return the application form available on
our website or send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Please note, applications are accepted on a rolling basis and the advert will close once the successful candidate has been appointed.
Closing date: Monday 16 May 2022