Due to significant growth within the company, we are looking to recruit a Marine Site Manager to join our team at our Marine site in Ardyne...
Marine Site Manager
Salary: Up to £48,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to a long serving manager leaving, we are looking to recruit a Marine Site Manager to manage the full operations of our Ardyne site. The Marine Site Manager is responsible for the Health & Safety; Fish Health & Welfare and staff management. Additionally, they will be in charge of all site and equipment maintenance for example, plant machinery; boats and shore bases.
• Ensure a safe working environment exists for all site employees, visitors or contractors.
• Ensure the adherence to all standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
• Deliver site KPI’s through teamwork.
• Provide input into and control the total site expenditure to meet or better the budget.
• Achieve the highest welfare, husbandry, biosecurity, food safety and quality standards from the site.
• Maintain accurate and up to date site records relating to livestock, feed use, environment, bio-security etc.
• Encourage the implementation of opportunities for continuous improvement, aiming to always improve the KPI’s for all areas.
• Sound staff leadership and management experience on an aquaculture site, ideally with salmon.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to motivate teams.
• Target driven, proactive, result orientated and cost aware.
• Experience of working with and achieving budgets.
• ‘A hands-on’ management style and able to work collaboratively.
• Experience of first-hand experience of liaising with statutory authorities such as Marine Scotland/SEPA.
• Full driver’s license.
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Relocation support
• Incentive Scheme
• Market leading pension scheme
• Competitive salary package
• Employee assistance program
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 8th October 2020.
Closing date: Thursday 08 October 2020