An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Loch Torridon area, to recruit a Marine Site Manager. So if you're looking to take the next step in your career; interested in joining an exciting industry or want to test yourself in a challenging workplace look no further...
Marine Site Manager
Location: Loch Torridon, North West Highlands
Salary: Up to £47,000 per annum
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, join an exciting industry or take the next step in your career look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Site Manager to manage the full operation of the Marine Sites under control including all, Boats and Shore Bases. Responsible for all Fish Welfare and Fish Health issues for all stock under control. In addition to all site and equipment maintenance, waste organisation and removal including mortalities
• Maintain the operation under control and ensure the adherence to all standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Act upon any welfare or disease issues
• Improve the delivery of KPI’s within the area through team work, ensure KPI’s are understood by all staff
• Provide input into and control the total site expenditure to meet or better the budget
• Ensure a safe working environment exists for all site employees, visitors or contractors
• Achieve the highest welfare, husbandry, biosecurity, food safety and quality standards from the site.
• Maintain accurate and up to date site records relating to e.g. livestock, feed use, environment, bio-security etc.
• Encourage the implementation of opportunities for continuous improvement, aiming to always improve the KPI’s for all areas.
• Bespoke management development programme is available
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to motivate small teams
• Target driven, proactive, result orientated and cost aware
• Experience of working and achieving budgets
• ‘A hands-on’ management style and able to work collaboratively
• Experience of first-hand experience of liaising with statutory authorities such as Marine Scotland/SEPA
• Full driver’s license
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Incentive Bonus
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Applications are welcomed from individuals looking to take their first step into a managerial position with aquaculture. Full management training will be available. Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 23 October 2019