Due to significant growth
within the company we are looking to recruit a Marine Site Manager to manage the full operation of our 2 sites on the West side of Mull.
Your Career, Right here!
Marine Site Manager
Salary: £42,000 - £47,000 DOE
Why work with us?
· £150 million turnover
· 500 + staff (continually growing)
· We sell to over 26 countries around the world
· A pioneer in Aquaculture
· Industry leading training and development framework
· Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Marine Site Manager to manage the full operation of the Marine Site or Sites under control including all, Boats and Shore Bases. Responsible for all Fish Welfare and Fish Health issues for all stock under control. In addition to all site and equipment maintenance, waste organisation and removal including mortalities
What does the job entail?
· Maintain the operation under control and ensure the adherence to all standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Act upon any welfare or disease issues
· Improve the delivery of KPI’s within the area through team work, ensure KPI’s are understood by all staff
· Provide input into and control the total site expenditure to meet or better the budget
· Ensure a safe working environment exists for all site employees, visitors or contractors
· Achieve the highest welfare, husbandry, biosecurity, food safety and quality standards from the site.
· Maintain accurate and up to date site records relating to e.g. livestock, feed use, environment, bio-security etc.
· Encourage the implementation of opportunities for continuous improvement, aiming to always improve the KPI’s for all areas.
What are we looking for?
· Management experience on an aquaculture site, ideally with salmon
· “A hands on” management style with the ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively
· Target driven, proactive, result orientated and cost aware
· Experience of working and achieving budgets
· Experience of first-hand experience of liaising with statutory authorities such as Marine Scotland/SEPA
· Full driver’s license
In return we offer:
· Competitive salary package
· Market leading pension scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Retail discount scheme
· Employee assistance program
· Relocation support
· Long Service Awards
To apply, please forward your CV and Cover Letter to:
The Scottish Salmon Company
8 Melville Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 7JA
Tel: 0131 7188 534
Closing date: Friday 26 April 2019