Due to significant investment in the company we are looking to recruit
two Marine Site Managers to manage full operation of our marine sites across the East Loch Tarbert area on Isle of Harris...
Marine Site Managers
Location: East Loch Tarbert, Isle of Harris
Salary: Up to £47,000 per annum dependent on experience
Why work with us?
- £150 million turnover
- 650 + employees
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea
Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we
breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of
the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our
product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the
proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to
Scotland, our industry and employees.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated
individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a
challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant investment within the company, we are
looking to recruit two Marine Site Managers to manage the full operation of the
Marine Sites under control including all, Boats and Shore Bases. Responsible for all Fish Welfare and Fish
Health issues for all stock under control.
In addition to all site and equipment maintenance, waste organisation
and removal including mortalities
- Maintain the operation under control and ensure the
adherence to all standard operating procedures (SOP’s). Act upon any welfare or
- Improve the delivery of KPI’s within the area through team
work, ensure KPI’s are understood by all staff
- Provide input into and control the total site expenditure to
meet or better the budget
- Ensure a safe working environment exists for all site
employees, visitors or contractors
- Achieve the highest welfare, husbandry, biosecurity, food
safety and quality standards from the site.
- Maintain accurate and up to date site records relating to
e.g. livestock, feed use, environment, bio-security etc.
- Encourage the implementation of opportunities for continuous
improvement, aiming to always improve the KPI’s for all areas.
- Sound staff leadership and management experience on an
aquaculture site, ideally with salmon
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the
ability to motivate small teams
- Target driven, proactive, result orientated and cost aware
- Experience of working and achieving budgets
- ‘A hands-on’ management style and able to work
- Experience of first-hand experience of liaising with
statutory authorities such as Marine Scotland/SEPA
- Full driver’s license
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
- Competitive salary package
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation support
- Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse or Partner
- Occupational Health Service
- Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 25 June 2021