Due to significant growth within the company, we are looking to recruit Mechanical Treatment Supervisors to join our Marine team in the North Region...
Mechanical Treatment Supervisors
Location: North Region
Salary: Up to £28,821 per annum, dependent on experience
Shift Pattern: Two weeks on/Two weeks off, Mon-Fri 12 hours, Sat & Sun 10 hours
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit Mechanical Treatment Supervisors to work as directed by the Area Manager to proactively and efficiently complete lice treatments. They will deputise effectively and efficiently in the management of the team, supervising the day to day running of the treatment operations, ensuring that all duties are carried out in a timely, safe and responsible manner.
• Technical Standards – Operates and achieves the highest standard of welfare, husbandry, biosecurity, and quality standards, and supports the Site Manager to ensure that these are embedded through the team.
• Treatment Operations – To supervise, assist and participate in the daily site treatment process, operations and follow all SOP’s. This includes pre-treatment set up of ages, equipment maintenance, frequent communication with Site Managers etc.
• Measurement, Control & Site Records – Understands site KPIs and supports the manager to ensure these KPIs are used to drive site performance. Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to the livestock, feed usage etc.
• Health & Safety – Follows safe working practices, and as a senior team member, ensures a safe working environment exists for all members of the team.
• Equipment – Maintains all equipment to the highest standards and ensures necessary hygiene standards are achieved.
• Previous supervisory experience and effective leadership skills in small teams
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Ability to listen, take action and escalate issues as and when required
• Experience in aquaculture and fish husbandry
• Responsible attitude
• Sound understanding of the importance of H&S issues
• Experience of working on and around boats
• Good written and numerical skills to complete detailed records and reports where required
• Flexible attitude to working hours and working arrangements, be willing to undertake significant travel as and when required.
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• A discretionary Staff Incentive Scheme payment of up to 5% of annual salary
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday 6th July 2020.
Closing date: Monday 06 July 2020