An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Controller to join our Technical team at our Marybank processing site or Harris & Lewis Smokehouse in Stornoway...
Location: Marybank/Harris & Lewis Smokehouse, Stornoway
Salary: Dependent on experience
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Quality Controller to work as directed by the Quality Coordinator supporting the implementation of the factory QA and QC systems, ensuring that the processing teams are proactively maintaining customer quality standards during production. Highlighting non – conformances as necessary, and working together with processing to resolve and improve. The job will require working at either Marybank or our smokehouse in Stornoway
• Carry out daily QA and QC monitoring activities across the factory.
• Assist Quality Coordinator in the maintenance and development of the QMS and associated systems to the requirements of customers and certifying authorities.
• Monitor critical control points within the factory
• Collect samples or swabs of product and prepare for internal or external analysis. Collate reports on hygiene and product swabs
• Liaise with external laboratory services
• Support the technical department
• Carry out FSC audits within the factory, prepare and publish audit reports
• Maintain, control and store all site technical equipment and chemicals in conjunction with Health & Safety.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
• Team player, but also able to work unsupervised.
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Incentive Bonus
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 17 January 2020