Due to significant growth in the company we are looking to recruit a Quality Controller to support the Quality Coordinator at our Marybank site...
Location: Marybank, Stornoway
Salary: up to £21,095 dependent on experience
Why work with us?
- £150 million turnover
- 650 + staff (continually growing)
- We sell to over 26 countries around the world
- We are an internationally
recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
- Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea
Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we
breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of
the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our
product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the
proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to
Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated
individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a
challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking
to recruit a Quality Controller to support the implementation of the factory QA
and QC systems, ensuring that the processing teams are proactively maintaining
customer quality standards during production.
- QA and QC systems –carry out the daily QA and QC monitoring
activities across the factory. Communicate any issues, including
non-conformances to the Quality Manager.
Record and file factory paperwork to ensure the paperwork is audit ready
and easily available, e.g. for customer complaint investigations or
- QMS - Assist the Quality Manager in the maintenance and
development of the QMS and associated systems to meet the requirements of
customers and certifying authorities. Coordinates recording of process
parameters and coaches’ production staff on measurement methods.
- CCP’s - monitor critical control points within factory,
reporting staff adherence to the Processing Plant Manager and the Quality Manager.
- Sampling and swabbing– to an agreed timetable collect
samples or swabs of product and prepare for internal or external analysis.
Collate reports on hygiene and product swabs for discussion with Quality Manager.
- Lab Services - liaise with external laboratory services and
maintain details of the results generated from swabs or final product sent for
- Analysis - support the Technical department with all
requests for trend monitoring analysis.
- Audits - carry out FEPA audits within the factory, and
prepare and publish audit reports for the Quality Manager
- Visits – as directed participate in factory / harvest visits
from customers and other external stakeholders and/or regulatory authorities.
- Technical Equipment - maintain, control and store all site
Technical equipment and chemicals in conjunction with H&S.
- Health & Safety – Follow safe working practices and
ensure that all duties are performed in a safe manner so that no risk to health
and safety arises to you and to any other employee.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team with
a clear focus on accuracy.
- Display a can do, problem solving approach.
- Qualifications; Intermediate Food Hygiene Certification,
Elementary HACCP and Auditing qualifications.
- Ability to work under pressure and work in a fast paced
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong
attention to detail.ty to successfully deal with multiple priorities, tasks
and fluctuating deadlines.
In return we offer over 15
employee benefits, including:
- Incentive Bonus
- Competitive salary package
- Market leading pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation support
- Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
- Occupational Health Service
- Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 19 January 2021