Due to significant growth within the company, we are looking to recruit a Vehicle & Plant Coordinator to join our Health & Safety team in Edinburgh...
Vehicle & Plant Coordinator
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 per annum
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Vehicle & Plant Coordinator to support the Head of Health & Safety to ensure that driver safety is continually improved through maintaining accurate and up to date records associated with drivers and vehicles.
• Manage the ordering of new or renewal hire vehicles and mini-hires in line with company policy
• Ensure vehicles are serviced and MOTs are carried out within relevant deadlines
• Review and approve vehicle related costs, preparing purchase orders and following up on any discrepancies/queries on cost as relevant
• Ensure all legal requirements are adhered to including driver health & safety and road safety requirements
• Update the AA Drivetech database for all driver changes (starters, leaver etc.) – ensuring that they have access to the system
• Prepare monthly dashboard which summarises fleet activity for senior management
• Produce reports which analyse the fuel spend and identify any unusual occurrences and where savings could be made.
• Provide regular reports for Nominated Managers in relation to driver’s risk rating and their progress through the online driver safety training program.
• Strong organisation and administration skills
• Experience of implementing a company-wide process change
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with employees and senior managers
• Excellent negotiation skills and commercial awareness
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Seeks innovative solutions
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and effectively prioritise own workload
• Team player with the ability to network effectively
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• Incentive Bonus
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 21 February 2020