An exciting opportunity has arisen within our company to join our Marine team at Ardyne as a Yardman...
Salary: Circa £18,720 per annum, plus overtime at an enhanced rate
Why work with us?
• £150 million turnover
• 650 + staff (continually growing)
• We sell to over 26 countries around the world
• We are an internationally recognised pioneer in Aquaculture
• Sustainability is at the core of all our activities
The Scottish Salmon Company produces Scotland’s Finest Sea Loch Fresh Salmon with Pride and Passion.
With our head office in Scotland’s capital, Edinburgh, we breed, rear and process superior salmon exclusively in the pristine waters of the Scottish Western Highlands and Islands. Our customers appreciate our product quality, service excellence and provenance guarantee. We are also the proud recipients of multiple industry awards recognizing our commitment to Scotland, our industry and staff.
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated individuals to join our passionate team so if you want to test yourself in a challenging workplace, look no further…
Due to significant growth within the company we are looking to recruit a Yardman to work as directed by the Marine Site Manager to assist in the coordination of multiple day-to-day onshore site operations for the Marine and Harvesting facility, as well as undertaking other projects as and when required.
• Technical Standards – operating to the highest standard of Health & Safety, security, hygiene, environment and quality to support Marine and Harvesting operations.
• Site Operations – coordinating contractors around the site; coordinating the delivery and storage of PPE, chemicals and engineering spares; being responsible for site security during the day time; maintaining stock levels; carrying out general maintenance and housekeeping duties to ensure that the site is clean and tidy at the end of each day.
• Measurement and Control – understanding the site’s KPIs and supporting the team to ensure that these KPIs are used to improve the overall site performance.
• Health & Safety – Following safe working practices and as a team member, ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all employees on the site.
• Skills Training – Attends all courses as required; only operating machinery authorised and trained to do so.
• Have an interest in Aquaculture & Fish Industry
• Experience of working within the Marine industry would be advantageous
• Sound understanding and commitment to Health & Safety issues
• Possesses a responsible attitude
• Good practical skills, with the ability to operate equipment and undertake minor maintenance
• Team player, but also able to work unsupervised
• Strong organisational skills, able to meet strict time frames
• Ability to work weekend rotas if required and flexible hours as workload dictates
• Full, clean drivers licence
• Forklift Licence (desirable)
In return we offer over 15 employee benefits, including:
• A discretionary Staff Incentive Scheme payment of up to 5% of annual salary
• Competitive salary package
• Market leading pension scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Retail discount scheme
• Employee assistance program
• Relocation support
• Critical Illness Cover – also for Spouse and Partner
• Occupational Health Service
• Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 27 January 2020